On this day, October 24, in 1945, the Charter of the United Nations entered into force, and the UN was born. To celebrate, here are a few useful resources on the Charter’s history and law, and the UN generally:
United Nations (University of Chicago Library, LibGuide)
United Nations (Peace Palace Library, Research Guide)
United Nations Law Collection (via HeinOnline)
- Charter of the United Nations (current status, via the United Nations Treaty Collection)
- History of the United Nations Charter (including the San Francisco Conference)
- Charter of the United Nations, 1945 (UN Audiovisual Library of International Law)
- The Charter of the United Nations: A Commentary (Bruno Simma ed., 2d ed. Oxford, XXKZ4991.C48 2002).
- La Charte des Nations Unies: commentaire article par article (Jean-Pierre Cot et Alain Pellet eds., 3d ed., Economica, XXKZ4991.C68 2005).