7/24/2014 update: The implementation has been rescheduled to begin on August 1. See below for new service change dates.
The University of Chicago Library will begin implementing its new Library Catalog and new library management system, Kuali OLE, on August 1 at 5 p.m. In mid-August when implementation is complete, the current Catalog and Lens will be retired.
Accessing library services during the transition
From July 15 to mid-August, UChicago patrons will be able to search the current Library Catalog and Lens, check out materials, and place Scan & Deliver and online purchase requests, but some services will be interrupted, delayed, or delivered in different ways:
From July 15 to mid-August
- Borrow Direct is unavailable. UChicago patrons may use UBorrow or Interlibrary Loan to request books that are not available locally.
- Recall of materials from other borrowers is unavailable. UChicago patrons may use UBorrow or Interlibrary Loan to request books that are checked out during this period.
From August 1 to mid-August
- Checkouts, returns, and other circulation information will not be updated in the Catalog and Lens during this period. If you discover that an item is not on the shelf, you may place an Interlibrary Loan request. For information about equipment circulated from the TECHB@R in Regenstein, please contact the TECHB@R staff in person.
- You will not be able to view your current checkouts or renew your materials online using My Account. Users needing assistance with circulation matters may complete this circulation web form or visit a Library circulation desk in person.
- Online requesting of items from the Mansueto Library will be unavailable through direct links from the Catalog and Lens. To request items from Mansueto, complete this circulation web form, select “Mansueto Library” in the “Library or Collection” field, and provide the call numbers of the needed items. You may also request assistance from Mansueto circulation staff in person.
When implementation is complete and normal services are restored, we will post a follow-up announcement. At that time, the current Catalog and Lens will be retired. Please visit our News site for directions on how to transfer records from My Lists in the Catalog and My Discoveries in Lens in July.
We apologize for the inconveniences that Library users will experience during the transition period but look forward to the enhanced features that will be available in the new Catalog. To preview the new Catalog, visit the Catalog beta site.
For the latest information about the implementation and launch of the new Catalog and Kuali OLE, visit our Library News site. If you have any questions about the implementation, please contact us through our Ask a Librarian service.