The Library has released a new version of its Library Catalog, offering enhancements and new features to improve your search:
- Basic and advanced keyword search forms have merged. There is now one tab with keyword searching, with an option to switch to advanced search.
- Improved printing and exporting, including the ability to mark multiple records.
- Search terms are retained when switching to a new search option.
- Vernacular character searching for languages such as Korean, Russian, or Arabic, is now available in all keyword searches. However, the vernacular must be included in the catalog record.
- Improvements have been made to call number browse. Call number prefixes (such as f or s) are now ignored.
- More information, including ebook platform, for full-text links in catalog records.
- Search limits are now joined by Boolean OR rather than AND.
- Catalog records can now be formatted into Chicago style.
- Greatly improved Zotero support.
- WorldCat search option added to the header of the catalog for quick access.
In the next few months, additional enhancements will be coming, including:
- Improved access on mobile devices.
- Catalog records details will be removed from tabs.
- Addition of more Tables of Content to more book records.