Library staff members are actively working to improve system response times as full implementation of the new Library Catalog and management system continues. The Library apologizes for the inconvenience and appreciates your patience as we work to bring our new systems up to full speed.
We expect to resolve these issues in the coming weeks:
Using the Catalog
- Library Catalog information may be slow to appear.
- Error messages are sometimes generated during Catalog searches. In such cases, please try your search again in 5 minutes.
- Account information is currently unavailable through the new Catalog. Library staff members are happy to generate a list of your checked-out items and to answer other questions about your account upon request. For assistance, please complete this circulation web form or visit a Library circulation desk.
- Checkout processing may be slow.
- Borrow Direct is currently unavailable. Please use UBorrow or Interlibrary Loan instead.
Quarter loans automatically renewed for autumn
To ease the transition, summer quarter loans to University of Chicago students and staff are being automatically renewed for the autumn quarter on September 21. These books will be due on January 9, 2015.
If you have any questions about the new Catalog, please contact us by email, phone, chat, or in person through our Ask a Librarian service.